The USB Audio Option for the NSRT_mk3 and NSRTW_mk3 allows either instrument to be recognized by the host computer as a USB Microphone.
The USB Audio Option is only applicable to the NSRT_mk3 and NSRTW_mk3.
That option is useful to users who want to:
- Use the NSRT_mk3 or NSRTW_mk3 with off-the-shelf audio analysis and processing software that can work from a USB Microphone.
- Develop their own acoustics analysis or monitoring application on any platform that recognizes a standard USB microphone.
The USB-Microphone interface of the NSRT_mk3 and NSRTW_mk3 streams a mono audio signal, like any standard USB microphone, except the pressure signal is calibrated in Pa and weighted by the selected weighting function (A, C or Z).
- Windows (Tested on Windows 7 and 10)
- Mac-OS (Tested on OS-X El Captain)
- Linux (Tested on Rasberry Pi 3b on Raspbian Buster)