USB Charge Conditioner connects in-line between the output of the USB power source and the USB cable going to the instrument. It should be connected as close to the instrument as possible.
USB Charge Conditioner performs four functions:
- USB VBus Conditioning: Opens the VBus connection in case VBus is below the 4.5 USB-specified minimum.
- USB VBus Overvoltage Protection: Opens the VBus connection in case VBus is above 6V.
- USB VBus Reverse Voltage Protection: Opens the VBus connection in case VBus is negative.
- USB Signaling Pair Transient Suppression: Clamps USB pair transients to ground.
- USB Charge Conditioner may be very useful in any circumstance where an RT-series instrument is connected to a questionable USB charger, including home-made USB charge sources. It will protect the instrument against VBus over-voltage as well as reverse-voltage.
- USB Charge Conditioner may be very useful in circumstances where the instrument is charged over a long stretch of USB cable, especially outdoors. It will protect the USB pair against high-voltage transients.